Learn Deep’s Approach
Our approach is to drive change from the bottom up by tapping into the energy of teachers who want to see their students do great things. To that end, we’re putting together initiatives that:
- are driven by the passions of a teacher;
- engage students in meaningful, authentic work;
- allow students and teachers to build connections to higher ed, industry, and outside organizations.
Where we can:
- test and refine at a small scale;
- scale across districts with network effects– e.g., create higher value, new opportunities;
- make it easy for teachers/schools/partners to choose to participate.
What if Milwaukee area students could design and build a new steam locomotive for the Zoo? We’re partnering with the Milwaukee County Zoo and the Coalition for Sustainable Rail on a series of engineering challenges. This year we’re piloting the process with a replacement for the wooden water tower that services the steam locomotive.
Following on from our Middle School Math project with Milwaukee Succeeds, we’re working with three schools on a collaborative, teacher led effort to make discourse a regular part of their math lessons.