What if Milwaukee students stopped thinking of math as something “I’m not good at” and saw it instead as something much richer?
- a creative endeavor
- a way to explore issues they care about
- a way to see their neighborhood, city, and world from a whole new perspective
- a place where their interests can drive mastery
What if Milwaukee students started thinking of themselves as mathematicians?
What if Milwaukee students could see math:
- walking down the street;
- in the laundromat;
- in the way games play out at the park, at home, at the stadium;
- in the design of buildings, neighborhoods, and cities;
- in the way culture and economics shape their life;
- in art and music and poetry and dance?
What if Milwaukee students could see math everywhere?
What if Milwaukee came together in 2020 to make this happen?
2020 Vision: See Math Everywhere
Join colleagues from public, private, and charter schools from across greater Milwaukee as well as a bunch of folks from outside of K-12 to explore what this could look like and how we move it forward together.
5:30 – 6:00 Grab something to eat and drink, say hello
6:00 – 6:30 Introductions
6:30- 8:30 Let’s explore how to do this!
Food and beverage will be provided. There is no charge for participation but space is limited!
MKE Plays, Silver Spring Neighborhood Center, SHARP Literacy, UWM, Islands of Brilliance, Milwaukee Public Libraries, COA Youth & Family Centers, MSOE, Discovery World, DPI, Marquette University, Secure Futures, The Next Museum, Doors Open Milwaukee…